With long days filled with golden sunshine and plenty to do and see, it’s no surprise that Belize is becoming a popular destination to visit in February. Capitalizing on that trend, Belize has been garnering strong praise from leading publications recently, including MSN, Travel Zoo, and Radio.com all of which recommended Belize as a top tourist destination in 2020. Combined with recent announcements from Southwest Airlines offering special rates from several US Cities to Belize, it is now easier and more affordable than ever to enjoy a vacation in Belize in 2020.
Events and Festivals in February
It may not be an official holiday on the calendar, but Valentine’s Day (February 14) is widely celebrated throughout the country.
Definitely don’t miss the San Pedro Carnival. The colorful island town goes to great lengths every year to top itself with concerts, dancing, parades, and food festivals during the week before Lent.
The title holder of the world’s smallest main street, Placencia uses its iconic four-foot-wide “main street” to host the Placencia Sidewalk Arts and Music Festival every year. Artists from around the country will be on hand to demonstrate their wares, including paintings, handmade furniture, sculpture, clothing, and photographs. Enjoy a smorgasbord of food while dancing to live music.
Things to Do and See in Belize in February
There are plenty of interesting things to do in Belize during the month of February, including:
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a candlelit dinner under the stars.
- Tour ancient Maya ruins like Cahal Pech and Xunantunich.
- Let your freak flag fly and participate in Carnaval.
- Explore the ATM (Actun Tunichil Muknal) Cave in Cayo District where Maya priests once conducted human sacrifices.
- Cross into Guatemala and witness the majesty of Tikal.
- Go bird watching or wilderness spotting.
- Renew your wedding vows on the beach.
- Get married in a breathtakingly beautiful location.
- Enjoy snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing, or sailing on the Belize Barrier Reef.
- Enjoy an intimate and romantic honeymoon.
Belize Weather in February
Tourism numbers are usually very high in February due to the sunny days and balmy temperatures that are typical for Belize during this month. Expect highs of 80F (27C) and nights that rarely drop below 70F (21C).
Where to Stay in Belize in February
Chabil Mar is a multiple award-winning luxury resort located on the golden sands of the Placencia Peninsula. The resort offers visitors beautiful villas set in a lovely tropical oasis, the perfect winter getaway or place to enjoy a romantic vacation on Valentine’s Day.
Visit our website chabilmarvillas.com for more information on Belize, and don’t hesitate to send us an email, or call US/CAN Toll Free: 1-866-417-2377, Local: (011-501) 523-3606, if you have questions or need help in planning a Belize vacation.