If you keep encountering “7 Wonders of the World” lists and feel confused, you’re not the only one. Many of the ancient wonders referenced over centuries are no longer on this “A List,” say The Guardian editors. The London paper held a contest asking readers to name the 7 Wonders and millions of online votes were cast. Once tallied, a majority of the wonders that made the cut were new!
While the world is reaching its own conclusions, we recommend satisfying your appetite for wonders by vacationing in Belize where 7 Wonders are less than 3 hours away by plane. Since English is Belize’s first language, no language lessons required to understand everything about these 7 amazing destinations.
Stay at a Wonder-filled resort
Belize is a small country measuring less than 9,000 square miles, so staying at one of the top Belize resorts gets you to all 7 Wonders on this list, minus the stress and fatigue of having to travel long distances to reach each one. At Chabil Mar Resort, located on Belize’s trendiest peninsula (Placencia), you relax in luxury accommodations when you’re not out discovering magnificent, one-of-a-kind wonders.
Leave the planning to your Chabil Mar hosts. They are prepared to make sure you enjoy every minute of the best holiday ever by providing gorgeous accommodations, fabulous meals, select tours and you’ll even be met at Belize’s international airport and driven to the resort where your adventure begins the moment you arrive.
Belize’s natural wonders never disappoint
Once you read our list of Belize wonders, book your reservations and get your plane tickets, it’s time to prioritize the following 7 wonders so you don’t miss a thing. Depending upon the length of your stay, you can see all 7, so bring your imagination and curiosity. You’ll satisfy both during your stay!
1. The Belize Barrier Reef always tops lists of not-to-miss attractions because it’s the second largest on the planet. Thanks to Belize environmentalists, this ancient reef, formed of lava from the Earth’s core, is healthy, protected and if you scuba dive the area, you’ll be treated to an undersea wonderland that has no equal.
2. Belize atolls consist of more than 300 small islands that are especially appealing to more than 500 species of birds who claim these oases when humans are scarce. You can borrow a Chabil Mar kayak and paddle around as many as you have time to see or sail to these isolated havens so you don’t strain your arm muscles.
3. Belize’s network of limestone caves are a feast for the eyes and the senses. Some were once headquarters for secret Maya rituals, which is how a select number of these underworlds came to be littered with the artifacts, skeletal remains and pottery tourists can still see today.
4. Get significantly wet at a couple of Belize’s most delightful spots. Niagara Falls pales in comparison to Belize’s Maya King Falls and Rio on Pools, situated within the Maya Mountain Range, makes a fabulous alternative for those who aren’t impressed by grandiose waterfalls.
5. There are 900 Maya ruins scattered across the nation. Some of them represent entire cities while others are small enclaves tucked into jungles where they have remained hidden for centuries. Belize’s Maya population may have disappeared mysteriously, but the legacy they left behind is breathtaking.
6. Prepare to revise the way you think about the humble sink hole when you visit The Great Blue Hole, a 1,000-year-old limestone formation that remains one of the world’s most popular diving challenges. If you’re not quite ready to take the plunge, cut your aquatic teeth at St. Herman’s Blue Hole before daring yourself to try Big Blue.
7. Belize’s Wonders list wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Cockscomb Basin where the diversity of plants, streams, wildlife and Victoria Peak make this stop essential. Home to world’s only jaguar reserve, Cockscomb is one of Belize’s most treasured natural wonders, and if you happen to spot one of these majestic animals during your visit, who needs the Giza pyramids?
Reserve a stay at Chabil Mar now to take advantage of your choice of packages before this small, luxurious resort is completely booked. Your hosts will be happy to customize your visit so you don’t miss any of Belize’s 7 wonders!
For more information about Belize, feel free to chat with our Concierge at: email@example.com or contact our Reservations Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or perhaps you would like to call toll free from the US or Canada: 1-866-417-2377.