Dive Blue Hole – 4 to 7 Nights Belize Vacation Packages
Chabil Mar has partnered with the award winning dive centers of Placencia Village to provide you with a bountiful combination of luxury accommodations, resort amenities and dive services.
For vacationers dreaming of sun–kissed beaches, spectacular sea views and a laid–back atmosphere where “stress” is not allowed, Placencia Village is the location in southern Belize. Situated on a slender peninsula that curves alongside the southern coast of the country, Placencia’s tagline is “Barefoot Perfect”. Placencia Village, on the tip of the Peninsula, is where visitors experience the charm of a traditional Creole fishing village with the bonus of numerous village eateries, bars, art galleries and gift shops that welcome visitors.
While visiting and diving from Placencia, why not stay in Placencia? Chabil Mar is Placencia’s only exclusive, guest only, full service luxury resort, just a five minute bike, kayak or golf cart ride, or ten minute beach walk to the Village. No other resort brings Placencia Village and award winning dive services to your doorstep like Chabil Mar.
Dive this world renowned atoll, Glovers Reef and the Blue Hole, then select from a choice of multiple jungle or mayan ruin tours, or add a fifth dive to this “Dive Perfect” 4 to 5 dive site package! We will customize the scuba diving vacation you desire. Contact Us
The Dive into Blue Hole 7 Night Belize Vacation Package Includes:
- Round trip flights between Belize City and Placencia
- Land transfers between Placencia airstrip and Chabil Mar
- 7 nights Luxury Partial Seaview Villa at Chabil Mar (upgrades available)
- Three 3 Tank Dives and One 2 Tank DiveOne inland tour – your choice between Monkey River Howler Adventure, Cockscomb Jaguar Wildlife Sanctuary or a Mayan Ruins Excursion (Lubaantun or Nim Li Punit)
- Glovers Reef Atoll (World Heritage Site) – 3 tanks
- South Water Caye (Marine Reserve) – 3 tanks
- Blue Hole & Lighthouse Reef –3 tanks
- Silk Cayes – Gladden Spit Marine Reserve – 2 tanks
- Dive equipment, entrance fees, lunch and taxes
- Golf Cart for four days
- Add an option! – Either an additional tour or an additional dive. It’s your choice, included in this Southern Belize package. Your options are: a two tank barrier reef dive to Ranguana, Pompion, Laughing Bird Cayes or a second tour from the inland tours list of three noted above.
- All meals included, breakfasts, lunches and dinners – either on dives, tours, at Chabil Mar’s Cafe Mar and a select Placencia Village restaurant – less 1 dinner to give you the opportunity to explore the culture and cuisine of Placencia Village.* (See footnote below)
An almost perfectly circular area of dark topaz water encircled by the Lighthouse Atoll on the Belize Barrier reef, the Great Blue Hole is one of the most intriguing and popular places to dive anywhere on Planet Earth.
Below are some facts you should know about the Belize Blue Hole:
- The Blue Hole measures about 1,000 feet in circumference and is more than 400 feet deep. It is the largest natural formation of this type found anywhere in the world.
- The Blue Hole was formed at the end of the last Ice Age when rising seawaters flooded a series of enormous caverns. Geologists have determined that the caves first formed about 153,000 years ago and were completely submerged approximately 15,000 years ago.
- The Blue Hole is approximately 60 miles offshore from Belize City and is part of the Belize Barrier Reef, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- In 1971, famed French marine biologist Jacques Cousteau visited the Blue Hole with his boat Calypso, declaring it one of the top 10 diving spots on the planet.
- The underwater caves of the Blue Hole are filled with giant stalactites, proof that it once existed above water.
- The Blue Hole is home to several species of sharks, including bull sharks, Caribbean reef sharks, and the elusive hammerhead shark.
- In 2012, the Discovery Channel ranked the Blue Hole as #1 on its list of 10 Most Amazing Places on Earth.
- The Blue Hole is visible from space, easily identifiable by its unique circular formation and location within the midst of the greater Belize Barrier Reef. The name “Blue Hole” was coined by the British diver Ned Middleton in his book “10 Years Underwater” published in 1988.
- Due to the complexity of diving required, the Blue Hole is restricted to experienced divers only with a minimum of 24 completed dives.
(Footnote: Although we would love to have you as our guest for all of your lunches and dinners, which is your choice if you prefer (just let us know), we have intentionally not included some dinners in our packages because you may miss the opportunity to take advantage of our Premier Location, of enjoying the traditional fishing Village of Placencia. We encourage you to take time to enjoy these lovely people, visit their shops, eat at their restaurants and experience the culture of Belize. We are just a ten minute beach walk or a five minute bike, kayak or golf cart ride away. It’s a benefit of being a guest of Chabil Mar and one we believe you will remember for your lifetime!)
Four, Five and Six Nights Dive Packages will be customized for you or your group. Contact Us.
NOTE: From August 1 through November 15, the Blue Hole dive portion cannot be guaranteed. Alternative dive sites are always available. Please inquire regarding the dive site selections that are available during this period, including the possibility that the Blue Hole portion may actually be available, as it can be periodically, prior to finalizing your reservation.