Birding Hotspots In Belize
Customize a birding vacation in Belize! Our Concierge will work with you to create your Birding Adventure
Placencia’s location is ideally suited for daily access to a variety of birding hotspots endorsed by the Belize Audubon Society, for viewing of birds from forest species to pine woodland and savanna species, restricted to riverine areas, and birds associated with higher elevations. You can include the wetlands of Aguacaliente, Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary, Shrimp Farms and Lagoon Waders (All Season). The unmistakable Scarlet Macaw flocks in the small Maya Village of Red Bank may be substituted or added, December to March only, for Waders.
Belize is home to over 600 bird species, many unique to this country. Your tour guide is a professionally licensed tour guide in Belize, with a strong sense of Maya tradition and heritage, carried down from his ancestors. So bring a camera and a keen eye to witness these stunning beauties like never before, Belize’s birds are calling you…..
Treasures of the Sky Birding Vacations can include:
- Round–trip flights between Belize City and Placencia
- Land transfers between Placencia Airport and Chabil Mar
- A Luxury 2 Bed/2 Bath Villa Accommodations at Chabil Mar (4 Persons) – 1 Bed/1 Bath Villa (2 Persons)
- 4 Daily Birding Trips to: Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary, Aguacaliente, Shrimp Farms and Lagoon Waders (NOTE: From December to March guests may substitute Red Bank Village location for Lagoon Waders OR add Red Bank Village as a fifth viewing location. If Red Bank Village is added as a fifth viewing location, available only from December to March, an additional fee would apply.)
- Visit Birding Hotspots – Belize Audubon Society
- Inland Tours and Sea Tours – Monkey River Howler Adventure Excursion
- All Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners at Chabil Mar or our restaurant partners in Placencia Village* (see footnote below)
- Golf Cart Rentals to explore Placencia Village
- Relax on the beach under the palm trees or at the infinity pools. Complimentary use of kayaks, paddle boards and bicycles; shop and tour the Village of Placencia at your leisure.
(Footnote: Although we would love to have you as our guest for all of your lunches and dinners, which is your choice, if you prefer (just let us know), we have intentionally not included some lunches and dinners in our packages because you may miss the opportunity to take advantage of our Premier Location, of enjoying the traditional fishing Village of Placencia. We encourage you to take time to enjoy these lovely people, visit their shops, eat at their restaurants and experience the culture of Belize. We are just a ten minute beach walk or a five minute bike, kayak or golf cart ride away. It’s a benefit of being a guest of Chabil Mar and one we believe you will remember for your lifetime!)
Chabil Mar is a proud member of Pack for a Purpose, an initiative that allows travelers like you to make a lasting impact in the community at your travel destination. If you save just a few inches of space in your suitcase and take supplies for area schools or medical clinics in need, you’ll make a priceless impact in the lives of our local, Placencia, Belize children and families. Please click here to see what supplies are needed for our project/projects.