Have you declared 2020 the year you shake things up and end routines? Launch your mission by trading that December Florida or Arizona trip for Belize—and for all of the right reasons.
North America is awash in moody holiday shoppers by the time December 1st rolls around each year, which is why it’s not surprising to see more and more tourists grab their resort togs and flip flops and flee south.
While Florida and Arizona are traditional destinations for many, there’s been a sea change in December travel: These days, Belize is the idyllic solution to winter blues. It’s gorgeous, nearby, affordable and very therapeutic for those desperate for a respite once Thanksgiving leftovers are nothing but memories.
For tourists craving an extreme party scene, Ambergris Caye beckons. For those eager to have a blast, go adventuring, relax and avoid crowds, there is no better destination than Placencia, the destination that is fast becoming the trendiest place in Belize.
This 16-mile-long finger of land has the unique distinction of offering something for everyone, regardless of their vacation style, which is why you’ll hear it mentioned regularly when travel writers survey solo travelers, families, couples, honeymooners and groups eager to spend quality time far from obligations back home.
Consider these 8 incentives, each of which is compelling on its own.
1. Pile on the sunscreen. Daytime temperatures average 83; it’s a comfy 70-degrees F at night.
2. Flights to Belize from the U.S. and Canada are so frequent use your frequent flyer miles, fly last minute or take advantage of “deals” aggregators like Kayak offer.
3. The beaches along the Placencia coastline are pristine. Whether you are into sunbathing, kayaking, picnicking or finally getting that book read, take to the beach (and don’t forget sunglasses).
4. Placencia resorts are fast becoming known as Belize’s most beautiful properties and if you choose Chabil Mar, expect top-draw service, lush surroundings and movie set-worthy accommodations that can be hard to leave!
5. Express your wildest wishes to your Chabil Mar host and you’ll be accommodated. The resort’s adventure menu is a smorgasbord of treats: rainforests, jungles, caves, Maya ruins, scuba diving, wildlife refuges and cultural experiences. Shopping Placencia Village is an adventure unto itself if this is your passion!
6. Belize food is an amalgam of exotic cuisines with deep roots in Creole, Garifuna and European culinary traditions. Chabil Mar chefs are skilled at preparing fusions that take advantage of locally-grown produce and freshly-caught seafood. Yes, you could gain a few pounds.
7. Enjoy an amazing Christmas or New Year’s Eve holiday if you come at the end of the month. From sacred services to fun activities, you won’t miss the traditions of either holiday and there’s a good chance you’ll spend less than you would back home, too.
8. Yes, we saved the best for last! Book immediately and as long as your reservation is on the books by October 31st, get a deal that could be too irresistible to ignore.
Visit our website chabilmarvillas.com for more information on Belize and don’t hesitate to send us an email, or call US/CAN Toll Free: 1-866-417-2377, Local: (011-501) 523-3606, if you have questions or need help in planning a Belize December Vacation.