One of the most exciting fishing tournaments is set to begin in Placencia, Belize on September 9 &10, 2017. The two-day Marelco Yamaha Fishing Tournament is a chance for anglers to compete in a number of different categories:
- Kingfish – 3 points per pound and a minimum of eight fish caught
- Barracuda – 1 point/lb and a minimum of 12
- Jack – 1 point/lb and a minimum of fishExtra points will be given on the following basis:
- Wahoo – 5 points/lb with a minimum of 15
- Dorado – 5 points/lb with a minimum of 7
- Tuna – 3 points/lb with a minimum of 5
All fish caught during the tournament must be weighed during the same day in order to qualify. All competing boats must leave the dock at the same time every day and return by the finish time on each day of the tournament. Only lures are allowed and no loose (bare) hooks, cast nets, or live bait is permitted. Registration for the competition closes Friday evening, September 9, 2016.
Although it is not necessary, all competitors are strongly encouraged to obtain a Sport Fishing License from the Placencia Tourism Center in Placencia Village or from the Coastal Zone Management Authority Institute on Princess Margaret Drive in Belize City.
For more information about the tournament, click here.
With luxuriously-appointed villas just a short walk from Placencia Village, Chabil Mar is a great place to stay for competitors and those attending the Marelco Yamaha Fishing Tournament.
Chabil Mar is a multiple award-winning resort with its own private beach on the Placencia Peninsula. From a Maya term meaning “beautiful sea”, Chabil Mar is a boutique luxury resort that features its own lush tropical garden, a gourmet restaurant and bar on site, and a full-service spa. All guests of the resort have full use of the facilities, including a private seafront pier ideal for dining or relaxing, free high-speed wireless internet, and the complimentary use of bicycles, kayaks, and paddle boards.
Kid-friendly Belize is the Ultimate Family Vacation Destination
Lots of people call Belize the Kid Capital of the Caribbean. You’ll probably agree once you visit. Unlike neighboring nations, everyone speaks English in Belize, white beaches stretch forever, there are all sorts of ancient Mayan cities
hiding amid thick jungle and rain forests and when your youngsters catch their first glimpse of mysterious, ceremonial caves open for exploration to visitors of all sizes, they’re going to be transfixed. Even the flowers, plants, trees, animals and exotic creatures will capture your child’s imagination. They’ll call it awesome. You’ll call it heaven.
Here are 6 reasons why Belize is a great family vacation destination:
1. Your kids can race down beaches, build sand castles and scream their heads off in the surf year-round, and you’ll never have to worry about offending neighbors, shoppers or disapproving parents. Kids love the sun, the water and the vibe they feel from the moment they arrive in a land where the weather’s perfect year-round. As a matter of fact, kids expend so much energy when set free to explore and discover Belize, they’ve even been known to ask to go to bed early!
2. Your kids will learn that zoos are not really the homes of animals, so when you expose them to Howler Monkeys in the wild, manatees that aren’t on TV and hundreds of species of birds (your kids may only have met robins, sparrows and pigeons in urban environments), you expand their minds. Fill your Belize itinerary with a vast array of animal-focused destinations to expose your kids to animal habitats thereby widening his or her horizons.
3. Don’t tell your kids that they will “learn a lot” when you talk about Belize. They don’t want to learn a lot. They want to have fun. But, here’s the amazing thing about kids: regardless of their age, they’re always curious and you can count on them peppering you with questions when you expose them to Belize’s Barrier Reef, Mayan archaeological ruins, jungles, kayaking, deep sea fishing and more. They’ll learn plenty. Just don’t tell them that.
4. Stay at a kid-friendly resort where staff is all about children. A resort like Chabil Mar is so childcentric, staffers frequently know the names of little guests by the time they leave! Chabil Mar has won myriad awards for superior accommodations, onsite appointments, amenities and activities, so even if you stick around for your entire visit, you won’t hear, “I’m bored!” But why wouldn’t you venture out? Belize family vacation packages include excursions designed just for kids; visit our package page to see what awaits from the moment you arrive here: https://chabilmarvillas.com/belize-vacation-packages/belize-family-vacation-package-beautiful-sea.html.
5. Belize is a great place to teach children skills and spend one-on-one time with them when work and other obligations don’t claim most of your waking hours. Your child may be ready to learn to kayak or ride a bike, and since both are available through the Chabil Mar concierge, imagine your little one telling schoolmates she piloted a kayak. Belize’s intriguing cultures are sure to feed your child’s imagination once he is exposed to the traditions and foods of this Caribbean melting pot. Even picky eaters have been known to taste yummy ethnic foods on holiday (and yes, it’s okay to promise dessert if they do).
6. Make memories big time on your family vacation to Belize. Because resorts like Chabil Mar like making your visit effortless, you can book the aforementioned package and just about every detail will be sorted so the toughest part of your trip could be packing. Bring nothing but bathing suits, shirts and shorts for everyone and even packing could take no time at all. Check out the Chabil Mar website to start dreaming and while you’re there, let the kids check out the resort so they can see for themselves the adventures that await once your family arrives!
For more information about visiting Belize or traveling to Belize with kids, feel free to chat with our Concierge at: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Reservations Manager at:email@example.com. Or perhaps you would like to call toll free from the US or Canada: 1-866-417-2377.