Your upcoming wedding is unique so why not make your honeymoon equally distinct? Reasons to choose Belize over other honeymoon destinations are so numerous, we don’t have room to list them all!
“Bride’s” magazine is the acknowledged Bible for Brides, so when Lane Nieset wrote about Belize morphing from little-known nation into the perfect honeymoon destination, she described the beginning of what’s become a major travel trend.
Belize, she noted, offers “the perfect recipe for a romantic Central American getaway,” and honeymooners taking her advice agree. Why should you consider Belize for your post-wedding trip? Because no destination does it better.
1. Everyone speaks English. You’re already stressed so why add another burden to your list like learning a second language? Belizeans are warm, friendly and many are bi-lingual, so if your Spanish is rusty, grab some practice time.
2. The plane ride is blissfully short. Regularly-scheduled, direct and bargain airfares are easy to find. Use your frequent flyer miles or book through aggregators. No fair looking smug when friends confide their Paris honeymoon travel nightmare!
3. Weather is heavenly. Even when it rains, showers are short and temperatures are delightful year-round, so get married any month you like; Belize will welcome you.
4. Get more bang for your buck. Whether you had a grand affair or your parents wrote the check, your new marriage gets off on a better foot if you don’t go into debt. The dollar goes twice as far in Belize. Conversion rate? $2 Belize to $1 U.S. It’s like winning a lottery.
5. For a tiny nation, sightseeing opportunities are everywhere you turn. Swim with sharks. Tour as many ancient Maya cities as time allows. Dive into the quirky Blue Hole, if only to say that you did it. And don’t forget a trip to the second longest barrier reef on Earth just off the Belize coastline.
6. Who needs a rental car? Resorts like Chabil Mar on the Placencia peninsula keep inventories of bikes, kayaks, Hobie cats and other crafts on hand for guests and since the peninsula is only 18-miles long, plenty of honeymooners jog, take water taxis and borrow bikes to get around.
7. Meet the natives. Spot the 500 species of fish swimming off the Belize coastline, 590 types of birds in Belize’s forested areas and some of the loudest primates you’ve ever heard: Howler Monkeys. Belize is home to the world’s only Jaguar reserve, too.
8. Your honeymoon photos will be breathtaking. Pose in front of dramatic waterfalls, take selfies while paddling around small atolls and don’t forget to memorialize yourselves enjoying the Placencia nightlife that has made this area so popular.
9. Explore the arts. Destinations like Placencia Village are goldmines of Belizean cuisine, art, music and the traditions of Caribbean, Mayan and Mexican descendents. Drink Belizean wines and beers and indulge your inner chocolate urge. Belize chocolates are divine and if you get enough diving, trekking and exploring, you won’t gain an ounce.
10. Save a bundle! Chabil Mar’s popular Belize honeymoon packages deliver an all exclusive experience for a single price. Included are luxurious accommodations, meals, local transport and hand-picked tours to fabulous sites.
Having survived a detail-filled wedding with endless “to-do” lists, what could be better than a honeymoon that required you to make decisions no more complicated than “What time should we eat dinner, Honey?” Sound like your kind of honeymoon? It’s okay to say “I do” one more time when you answer that question!
Visit our website chabilmarvillas.com for more information on Belize, and don’t hesitate to send us an email, or call US/CAN Toll Free: 1-866-417-2377, Local: (011-501) 523-3606, if you have questions or need help in planning a Belize honeymoon vacation.