Anna Cohen’s OutboundCollective.com article about fly fishing benefits is best read with a plane ticket to Belize in hand because some destinations are more suited than others to life-changing experiences!
Are you already a fan of fly fishing or has it been on your bucket list so long, even the bucket is getting rusty? It happens. Life takes control. You let it. Isn’t it time to put yourself first? Consider this short list of benefits you gain if you say, “I’m going fly fishing in Belize in 2023 and nothing’s stopping me!”
-Fly fishing requires brains. Fans of this sport must understand bodies of water, bug hatches, times of day for big yields, fly placement, and feeding patterns that outwit fish.
-Fly fishing isn’t for slackers. You’ll get the workout of your life. Those back-and-forth swings offer an aerobic experience no gym can provide.
-Fly fishing is magical. See nature from a unique perspective, go places you normally wouldn’t, and expect your confidence levels to skyrocket with every success.
-Fly fishing is a challenge. It is both character-building and frustrating but lands your first catch and experience what Cohen calls “the BEST feeling in the whole damn world.”
Dare we add that fly fishing is fun, satisfying, and rewarding? And if you’re going to get hooked on this exhilarating sport, there’s no better place to do it than in Belize.
Fly fishing in Belize
You may want to pack your gear before you read this section because fly fishing in Belize is like no other adventure you’ve ever taken. Belize’s entire eastern coast is a paradise for anyone eager for victory and it matters not which season you pick to visit since bonefish are always in season along mainland shores, lagoons, and the Belize Barrier Reef.
Want to have the time of your life? Don’t burden yourself with the details. Pick a resort-like Chabil Mar Villas where Belize fishing packages are designed with you in mind. Wait until you read how many options our luxurious resort offers!
5 fly fishing packages
1. Opt for the Placencia Fishing Package if you love variety, described by Chabil Mar hosts as: “Today, tarpon, bonefish or snook; tomorrow, the prized permit and the following day a grand–slam. Then get up and start again!”
2. The Placencia and Turneffe Flats Atoll trip will grab your attention if you have researched both areas and know that saltwater fly fishing won’t disappoint. Bonefish, permit, or tarpon you catch can morph from a “selfie with fish” sent to envious friends to a Chabil Mar chef-prepared dinner that night.
3. Take the One Day at a Time option customized for those who want to see other things in Belize during their sojourn at Chabil Mar. Pick a full day or half day of fly fishing. Either way, you could bring dinner back, too.
4. The Fishing Plus package is an amalgam of adventures guaranteed to test your mettle. Whether it’s just you or the entire family, your itinerary can include snorkeling, scuba diving, jungle treks, Maya culture, and anything else you’ve been eager to experience.
5. Choose the unique You Fish-We Pamper option. Everyone gets their first wish. You fish. Family members do their thing, from hanging by the pool to shopping Placencia Village or frequenting the spa for blissful, therapeutic massages.
Got that suitcase packed? We thought so. Every Chabil Mar stay is like vacationing in heaven and having staff take care of every last detail of your fly fishing holiday is, forgive the pun, the only way to fly. You can have your rod in hand in just hours thanks to Belize’s proximity to the U.S. by air. How soon can we expect to see you?
For more information about fishing in Belize, feel free to chat with our Concierge at: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Reservations Manager at: email@example.com. Or perhaps you would like to call toll-free from the US or Canada: 1-866-417-2377.