We are so proud to have Placencia nearly sweep the awards at this year’s event. And, are especially proud of Natalie Ranguy, our Guest Services Manager, on being honored with the award of “Frontline Person of the Year”.
Winners were announced in the following Categories. Congratulations to all of Placencia on a great year!
- Destination of the Year: Placencia
- Hotel of the Year: San Ignacio Resort Hotel
- Small Hotel of the Year: Singing Sands Inn | Maya Beach | Placencia Peninsula
- Frontline Person of the Year: Natalie Ranguy of Chabil Mar | Placencia Village – A frontline employee who has great interpersonal skills, welcomes guests with outstanding Belizean hospitality, is knowledgeable about Belize, and goes above and beyond the everyday duties and responsibilities to ensure that guests’ needs are fulfilled. This individual makes an impressive first and last impression of her work place.
- Tour Guide of the Year: Jerome Williams of Huracan Diving
- Hospitality Award: Placencia Tourism Center | Placencia Village
- Major Festival & Event: Placencia Lobsterfest | Placencia Village
- Tour Operator of the Year: Splash Dive Center | Placencia Village
- Restaurant of the Year: Maya Beach Bistro – Maya Beach | Placencia Peninsula
Plan your Belize Adventure Vacation at Chabil Mar in Placencia . . . Click Here!
Minister of Tourism & Culture, Hon. Manuel Heredia, presented two special awards for the night. The Minister’s Award was bestowed on David Heredia, owner of Anchorage Hotel in Caye Caulker, for his work and interest in the tourism industry which are grounded in community improvement and activism. The Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to Jessie Young, President of the Community Baboon Sanctuary Women’s Group in Bermudian Landing, for dedicating her life to grow and develop Belize’s tourism industry. This awardee’s contributions are significant and have positively impacted Belize and the lives of countless Belizeans. Despite challenges, this tourism industry lifetime achiever persevered.
The Minister of Tourism & Culture, Board of Directors, Management & Staff of the Belize Tourism Board salute all winners on their outstanding achievements!