For some, the act of taking vacation time presents dilemmas because time spent away from responsibilities comes with too many risks. Happily, that doesn’t have to be the case if you take to heart the advice of seasoned travelers whose business demands usually leave little time for R&R. But if you adopt these 4 tips and choose Belize as your destination, you’ll not only have fun but enjoy every minute.
1. Prioritize: You’ve got only so many days at your vacation spot, so make the most of each one.
2. Do your homework. Researching your destination can turn a holiday stay into pure pleasure.
3. Stick close to home. Travel to Belize in couple of hours means you avoid jet lag.
4. Travel during holidays to add one more day to your stay.
With these tips in mind, plan to visit as many of these 10 Belize stops as your time schedule allows in 2022.
1. The Belize Barrier Reef. As the second longest on the planet, Belize’s Barrier Reef is ideal for scuba diving, fishing, or kayaking at the reef’s edge to observe the wonderland of marine life just below the surface.
2. The Belize Blue Hole. Jacques Cousteau was captivated by this ancient sink hole. You will be too. If a deep dive is too scary to consider, why not grab a helicopter ride to take in this hole’s magnificence from the air?
3. Visit Xunantunich and Cahal Pech. Belize is home to 900+ Maya sites and each is unique. Focus your limited time on these two for a taste of the past. If you’re fascinated, you can always add more!
4. ATM Cave. This underground adventure tickles the imaginations of visitors as they learn more about ancient rituals conducted by Maya priests thousands of years ago from knowledgeable guides.
5. Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary. Home to the world’s only protected jaguar sanctuary, consider yourself lucky if you spot one of these sleek cats roaming their 150-square mile home turf at the edge of the Maya Mountain chain.
6. Monkey River. As soon as you approach this body of water, you’ll hear the cries of Howler monkeys emanating from jungle riverbanks. Traverse the entirety of the river and take in Monkey River Town.
7. Silk Cayes. Visitors seeking idyllic snorkeling experiences love this protected marine reserve that’s part of Belize’s Barrier Reef. Located 22 miles off the Placencia peninsula, bring a picnic lunch for an afternoon of bliss.
8. Laughing Bird Caye. The gulls for which this island was named have long since migrated to different parts of Belize leaving this haven for human visitors seeking solitude throughout a gorgeous 1.8-acre park.
9. Placencia. Considered Belize’s trendiest destination, the Placencia peninsula may measure just 19 miles long and half a mile wide, yet it’s packed with things to do, see, taste and experience, from natural attractions to nightlife and shopping. You’ll save lots of time by sojourning on Placencia if you want to do everything on this list.
10. Chabil Mar. Is there one resort on the peninsula that stands head and shoulders above the rest? There is: Chabil Mar Resort, the property that never disappoints. Book your 2022 stay early to take advantage of this property’s long list of perks, not the least of which are the fabulous Belize vacation packages and specials that can make a great stay better.
Choose the package that suits your vacation dates and interests and even if your time in country is finite, you can still take in all the recommendations on our list thanks to Chabil Mar staffers whose mission – to make certain that every guest gets their fill of Belize’s wonders – is accomplished by the friendliest people you’ve ever encountered, no matter where in the world you have traveled!
Visit our website chabilmarvillas.com for more information on Belize, and don’t hesitate to send us an email, or call US/CAN Toll-Free: 1-866-417-2377, Local: (011-501) 523-3606, if you have questions or need help in planning a Belize vacation.