Scheduled from June 27 -29, 2014, the Placencia Lobsterfest is a grand celebration of the opening of the lobster season in Belize attracting thousands of local and international visitors. The event is organized by the Placencia BTIA and the Placencia Village Council and has long been a traditional mainstay of Placencia’s economy.
What to expect at Placencia Lobster Fest 2014:
- Game for kids
- Belikin beer drinking contest
- Biggest lobstah’ competition
- Lionfish tournament
- Mr. & Ms. Physique
- Tipsy tuna toss
- Hot spicey wings eating contest
- Kayak racing
- Placencia Lobsterfest Classics
- Throw the cast net – A Placencia Lobsterfest original. Throw the cast net over the sand and try to scoop up a schilling!
- Reel in the kayak – That’s right! Grab a fishing rod and reel in a kayak with one person on board to shore!
- Fly fishing on the beach – Throw your fly fishing rod and land your fly in the center of a circle drawn in the sand. If you can do this, you are a real champ!
Check out this video on Belize’s Best Lobsterfest:
This is the most popular event of the season in Placencia so we hope to see you there!
Contact us today for more details on the Placencia Lobsterfest 2014!